Wednesday 14 March 2012

First comment

It is strange how quickly you adapt to your new face and I don't think I have changed much, but I bumped into a neighbour yesterday who knew I was going to Peru, but not the reasons why and she remarked
"Wow Carol, you look amazing, the holiday has done you a power of good - you look a lot younger and fresher than before you left, you must have been working far too hard before"
This is exactly what I was hoping for, not a radical change so that people would not recognise me any more, just subtle changes that would make me look younger and more acceptable as a woman. I also think that because it was almost 2 months since she last saw me, it was more difficult for her to see the changes, it is not like she saw me the day previously and hence had a very recent mental image to compare me to.
I suppose the acid test will come next week when I go out for a meal with my closest friends (one of them is away at a tournament at the moment) and as they knew what I was going to Peru for, they will no doubt give me a totally honest opinion on the results, at least I hope they will.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    Younger and more acceptable is a wonderful thing. Hoping to be able to afford partial FFS as well. Enjoy the Carol 2.0 , perhaps in a few months you would share the before and after, for us girls considering a similar path.

    Hugs,
    Michelle Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle and yes, in a couple of months time I will, once everything has settled down.

    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. As all comments are moderated, it will appear in the blog once it has been approved. Any attempts to spam this blog with adverts will be removed and blocked.
Thank you for your patience -- Carol