Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Day of the surgeries

Estethica Hospital/Clinic
The alarm clock on my phone woke me at 5:30 am time for a leisurely shower and wash my slowly growing hair and then get ready and pack the things that I am taking with me to the hospital.  I was actually ready far too early and had to wait for 35 mins for Engin to arrive.  Clare came down to join us, which I was glad of as she could understand how I am feeling and if I needed any personal stuff doing - at least it  would be another woman there to help me.  I was feeling quite nervous by now - which wasn't helped by the fact I was nil by mouth from the previous evening.
After arriving at the hospital, I was quickly ushered to my beautiful private room - where a nurse was there to greet me and help me get changed into my hospital gown.  A nurse bravely tried to find a vein so she could insert the cannula - in the end, as per usual it was inserted into a vein on my wrist.  I hate it there and when Claire saw my rising panic, she just grabbed my hand and said "look at me, not what she is doing".  I then remember being wheeled out of my room and saying "bye bye" to Clare  then I must have dozed off and the next thing was waking up in my room again.  I dozed fitfully for about 3 hours and then Engin and Clare popped in to see me and make sure that I was OK - Engin told me that I had been in theatre for over 4 hours and that both surgeons were happy with the outcome of their surgeries.
Unfortunately, I am trussed up in a very tight corset type of garment at the moment and this will have to stay in place for another week so I cannot see my tummy or the results of my labial reconstruction.
I dozed on and off throughout the rest of the day - not in any real pain unless I try and sit up and later on this evening I did manage to go to the loo with the help of two nurses.
I am feeling tired now, just wanted to reassure my friends who are following this blog that I am fine - will update this tomorrow after I have had some more sleep


  1. Hi carol thinking of you , speedy recovery xxx Katy

  2. Thank you Katy- it wasn't all that bad really, just a little sore and it hurts when I use my tummy muscles to do anything at the moment (which seems to be everything I do lol). Back at the apartment now resting.
    How did your first week at work go???
    Carol xxx


Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. As all comments are moderated, it will appear in the blog once it has been approved. Any attempts to spam this blog with adverts will be removed and blocked.
Thank you for your patience -- Carol